11.16.2008

50 books/50 covers

50 Books/50 Covers is a juried exhibit of the 50 best-designed books and 50 best-designed book covers of 2007 (currently on view through November 21st at Chronicle Books).

Although I didn't quite agree with all of the selections, there were a number that really stood out to me, including Men of Letters and People of Substance, which includes illustrations of such men and people made entirely of different letters of the same typeface.



Another one of my favorite books was The Country Cooking of France, a stunning cookbook shot by one of my favorite photographers, France Ruffenach.

As for the covers, I loved this cartoon strip cover of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (sorry, I can't find a link to this version).

...as well as a number of the other selections:




These charming a little peace cookbook samplers from the Junior League of Houston also caught my eye:


50 Books/50 Covers
until November 21, 2008
Chronicle Books
680 Second Street
San Francisco

No comments: