12.15.2008

magic bars


My grandmother used to make Magic Bars and my sister and I would make them magically disappear. Also known as seven layer bars, there are seven ingredients layered one on top of the other. They couldn't be easier or more delicious.

Magic Bars
1 stick butter, melted
1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups butterscotch chips
1.5 cups shredded or flaked coconut
1 cup slivered almonds
15 oz (1 can) sweetened condensed milk

In above order, layer each ingredient on top of each other evenly in a 9x13 pan. Cover everything with the condensed milk. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I want one right now! I didn't know you called them "magic bars". I call them "7 layers of heaven". Either way, I'm jealous.