9.03.2008

portland: goods and treasures

I had a chance to do a little vintage shopping while in Portland last weekend. After my visit with Egg Press, I headed over to House, in the Hawthorne district. House is a huge place, filled with stalls of vintage clothing, furniture, and other bits. My first find was this mushroom tin with three different illustrations. I collected tins as a kid, so I always on the lookout for interesting ones.



I was pretty excited to find this pyrex bowl (on top), which matched a dish I had found a few months ago at the Alameda Flea market (which is this weekend - mark your calendars!).

I have been on the lookout for California plate for some time, but they are hard to find. This one is the best I have found so far:

It even includes a close up of the drive-thru tree, a California landmark which I have experienced first hand (it costs $3.00 btw, at least in '01 it did).

My last stop before lunch was Red Light, where I picked up this 70's $10 dress.

No comments: