9.02.2008

portland: clyde common


Although I fully admit to purchasing less than quality items based upon its aesthetic, I refused to be swayed when it comes to food. Jeff and I stumbled upon Clyde Common on our way to dinner on our first night in Portland and were immediately intrigued by its appealing menu and hipster look. We finally got around to eating there as our last meal in town - Labor day lunch.

Clyde Common both looked and tasted exceptional. And for an aesthetic and culinary snob, I was totally satisfied. The restaurant, originally the Clyde Hotel, shares location with the equally hip Ace Hotel and Stumptown coffee roasters.

To say that I loved the aesthetic would be an understatement. The feeling was schoolhouse meets industrial loft, with books and lacquered pages grazing the walls.

As usual, Jeff loved the bar, with it's metal and wood finishes.

Oh, and our lunch was great too. I neglected to take any photos, but both our chicken and fish sandwiches were excellent.

No comments: