10.27.2008

pecan pie

I love pecan pie. Been talking about making it since I was the lucky recipient of some fresh pecans back in...oh...December 07. Oh, well - no time like the present!

Here is what you get when you make Vanilla Frozen Yogurt:

A graham cracker crust:

And some delicious pecan pie filling:

The result!

I managed to overcook it a bit, but I am definitely motivated to try again. With Jewish Christmas (a.k.a. Thanksgiving) approaching, I'm ready to give it another go. I highly recommend my recipe, from How To Cook Everything, one of the best cookbooks I have even invested in. I changed to crust to graham cracker, which I thought was pretty delicious. I would also change the frozen yogurt base to vanilla yogurt instead of plain, as it came out a little too Pink Berry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i made this for jewish christmas too last year- i think from the same recipe- that's the cookbook i always use. but maybe i did something wrong? matt said it wasn't good and my uncle was obviously pretending when he said delicious. it was a sad.

Shauna said...

Oh, no! I would give it another try. Mine was more like pecan cake than pie. It's the heating of the filling that I screwed up on. At least your husband is honest!